The Writing Center offers help to all students

Many students get stuck somewhere in the writing process. Everyone has spent valuable time staring at an open Word document with the cursor blinking and having no idea how to proceed.

FMU’s Writing Center can help with problems at any stage of the writing process, but it can also help improve writing overall.

The Writing Center offers help in all different stages of the writing process, from brainstorming to paragraph organization to grammatical issues.

The Writing Center helps with writing assignments from all classes, not just English. Both faculty members and trained student tutors are available to help with any sort of writing project-things such as lab reports, documentation styles, applications, creative writing, etc.-as well as English papers.

The Writing Center can be a useful resource for anyone. Perfection does not exist. Every paper has room for improvement, even if the paper meets all of the assignment’s criteria and the writer expresses his or her thoughts well. While some papers may not have any significant “problems,” there are always areas that could be improved.

A series of Writing Center workshops can also help improve specific areas of writing. These workshops cover a wide range of topics spanning from comma usage to writing effective essay exams. A schedule of these workshops is available in the Writing Center.

The Writing Center is located in 114-C FH. It is open to students Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. Although walk-ins are accepted, appointments are recommended. An appointment can be scheduled in the Writing Center or by calling (843) 661-1528.