UPB to host Comedy Hour

The University Programming Board (UPB) plans to kick off the fall semester by making FMU students and faculty laugh during their Comedy Hour on Wednesday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m. in the McNair Auditorium.

Comedy Hour is one of the many activities that UPB will be hosting during Welcome Week, a major back-to-school event for freshmen, new and returning students.

Comedian Mohammed “Mo” Amer will be performing.

Junior Delia Davis, a pre-nursing major and UPB member, said that she believes students can gain a lot from the experience.

“(UPB wants) to provide the campus community with an hour of laughs and fun,” Davis said.

Davis spoke highly of Amer, and he said that UPB is anticipating the unfolding events of Welcome Week.

“It is worth attending because Mo Amer is a wonderful comedian who will have the house laughing from beginning to end,” Davis said.

UPB’s Education and Cultural Chair Shantequa Green said that she looks forward to the Comedy Hour the most during the Welcome Week festivities.

“I think the Comedy Hour will be the most fun because I was given the opportunity to hear the comedian before, and he was great,” Green said.

Members of UPB hope that the Comedy Hour event will provide a fun environment in which students and faculty can relax before classes begin.

“I just like to see our campus come together and share in good laughs without having to worry about whatever problems they may have,” Green said.

All events hosted and sponsored by UPB are free and open to all FMU students.