ZTA raises breast cancer awareness with Big Man on Campus pageant

Photo by: ????????????

In honor of breast cancer awareness month, Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) held their annual Big Man on Campus event on Wednesday, Oct. 26.

The event cost $5 to attend, and, between entrance fees and t-shirt sales, ZTA raised over $3,000.

The winner of Big Man on Campus went to TKE president Nathan Mihalovits, a senior double-majoring in Spanish and marketing.

“Participating in ZTA’s Big Man on Campus was a lot of fun and, furthermore, was for a worthy cause –  breast cancer awareness,” Mihalovits said. “Whether Greek or not, man or woman, young or old, breast cancer affects us all. Become aware: Think Pink.”

First runner-up went to Scott Brown, and Justin Kollman was named the second place runner-up.

Kollman, a sophomore majoring in biology for pre-med, said that it was an experience he’d never forget.

“I enjoyed myself along with supporting the ZTA’s and look forward to doing it again,” Kollman said.

Adrian Williams won the traditional sexy legs contest.

Judges voted on the top five contestants during a short intermission.

Those chosen were Justin Kollman, Adrian Williams, Nathan Mihalovits, Scott Brown and Earl Haynes.   They then participated in a question-and-answer session.  When that was over, door prizes that included gift cards and baskets of assorted items were given out courtesy of ZTA alumni.

Big Man on Campus began with the 12 contestants dancing in an opening number to “It’s Raining Men.” Then, the contestants were announced, and the talent portion began.

Patrick Higgens blowing bubbles while in a banana suit got laughs from the audience.

The audience also laughed at Carson Nance, who played the recorder while Adrian Williams banged on a pot in the background for a beat. Other showcased talents included playing the guitar or the piano.

Big Man on Campus is a way for ZTA to raise awareness and money for breast cancer research and treatment.

According to Lindsay Smith, a ZTA member and junior majoring in international studies, the evening was a success.

“I thought this year’s Big Man on Campus was a huge success,” Smith said. “Thanks to all the efforts from our fundraising chair, Whitney Bruton, and all the sisters of ZTA, it was definitely the best it ever has been.”