FMU to host annual parade

For the second year, FMU will host a homecoming parade on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 10:30 a.m.

Over 300 people are anticipated to participate in the homecoming parade. Student Government Association (SGA) is organizing and sponsoring this year’s homecoming parade.

SGA President and Chairman of the homecoming parade Cody Simpson expressed his excitement about the parade.

”I am most excited about seeing everybody have a good time and come together while having patriot pride,” Simpson said.

The parade will commence with the FMU ROTC. Shortly following, the American Chemical Society (ACS), who won best overall in last year’s homecoming parade, will serve as grand marshal.

Co-Chairman of the parade committee Lauren Balutis said she is excited about seeing the parade successfully completed.

“I’m excited to see how year two of the homecoming parade comes together and hopefully become a tradition for other students in the years to come!” Balutis said.

Over 20 student organizations will participate in this year’s homecoming parade. Some of those organizations include BCM, KA, AKA, Praise and Motion dance ministry, Dance Marathon, Young Gifted and Blessed Gospel Choir and Sigma Gamma Rho.

If student organizations or departments still want to participate, they can go to the Student Affairs office located in the University Center (UC), room 205 for an application.

The first 25 student organizations wishing to use a golf cart must pay 30 dollars. School departments pay 60 dollars. Decorating starts at 8 a.m. for those organizations who need to decorate their golf carts.