Crime Report: January 27, 2012

Anyone having any information about any crimes committed on campus please call 661-1109.  You don’t need to tell us who you are; just tell us what you know.  You can provide your information anonymously through our “Silent Witness” page at on the campus police web site (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/police ).  In the past, “Silent Witness” reports have provided leads on cases under investigation.  Thanks to those community members concerned with keeping FMU safe and secure.   Please be our eyes and ears out there….  We need you to help us to help you.

For the period 12-24-11 through 01-17-12 the following incidents were reported to and/or investigated by Campus Police:

12-24-11

A report of Driving under Suspension off campus atPalmetto StreetandFrancis Marion Road.  One non-student jailed.

01-03-12

A report of Damage to Personal Property in Parking Lot “B”.  The victim reports their vehicle damaged while parked.

01-08-12

A report of Possession of Alcohol where Prohibited by Owner.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

01-12-12

A report of Harassing Phone Calls in the Forest Villas and Off Campus.  The victim reports getting unsolicited phone calls.

A report of Damage to Personal Property in Parking Lot “F”.  The victim reports their vehicle being damaged.

A report of Possession of Alcohol under 21 and Public Intoxication near theHeywardCommunity Center.  One student jailed and referred to Student Affairs.  One non-student jailed.

01-13-12

A report of Broken Seal on Liquor on Alumni Drive.  One non-student issued a State Ticket.

A report of Conduct that Threatens Health/Safety off campus at Patriot Place Apartments.  Referred to Florence County Sheriff’s Office and Student Affairs.

01-15-12

A report of an Alcohol Violation in Parking Lot “G”.  Two students referred to Student Affairs.

01-17-12

A report of Theft from a Building at Leatherman Science Facility.  A piece of lab equipment was reported missing.

Campus Police officers responded to two (02) requests for Medical Assistance during this period.

FOUND PROPERTY:  FMUPD currently has numerous items that were left unattended or found on campus.  If you are missing an item of property and can provide identifying information for your missing property, contact Lt. Ken Pittman at 843-661-1117.