Crime Report: February 15, 2012

We ask that anyone having information about any crimes committed on campus call 661-1109.  You don’t need to tell us who you are; just tell us what you know.  You can provide your information anonymously through our “Silent Witness” page at on the campus police web site (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/police ).  In the past, “Silent Witness” reports have provided leads on cases under investigation.  Thanks to those community members concerned with keeping FMU safe and secure.   Please be our eyes and ears out there….  We need you to help us to help you.

For the period 01-18-12 through 02-07-12 the following incidents were reported to and/or investigated by Campus Police:

01-18-12

A report of Driving under Suspension and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle on Patriot Drive.  One non-student jailed.

01-19-12

A report of Simple Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Another’s Driver’s License at the Village Apartments.  Three students referred to Student Affairs and one of the three jailed.

A report of Littering at various locations in the Housing area.  Fliers placed all over the area.

A report of Driving under Suspension on Wallace Woods Road.  One non-student jailed.

01-20-12

A report of Violation of Written FMU Policy/Regulation on Wallace Woods Road near the Forest Villas.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Theft from a Building at the Smith University Center.  Victim reports unsecured keys stolen.

A report of Drug/Narcotic and Drug Equipment Violations at the Village Apartments.  One student jailed and referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Drug/Narcotic Drug Equipment Violations on Wallace Woods Road.  One student jailed and referred to Student Affairs.

01-22-12

A report of Drunkenness in Marion State Hall.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

01-24-12

A report of Harassment filed as information only at the victim’s request.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

A General Information report at the Heyward Community Center.  The victim felt uncomfortable with a situation.

A report of Vandalism of Property in Swamp Fox Hall.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

01-25-12

A report of Missing FMU Parking Decal inLot“H”.  The victim reports their FMU Parking Decal stolen.

01-26-12

A report of Aggravated Assault-Off Campus.  Referred toFlorenceCountySheriffs Office and Student Affairs.

01-27-12

A report of Failure to comply with the Directions of an FMU Official in the Village Apartments.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Missing/Stolen Keys at the Smith University Center.  The victim reports their unsecured keys missing.

01-28-12

A report of Liquor Law Violation and Disorderly Conduct in the Village Apartments.  Three students referred to Student Affairs.

01-30-12

A report of Interfering with Police or Fire Alarm near the Academic Computer Center.  Three students referred to Student Affairs.

01-31-12

A report of Possession of Liquor under 21 in the Forest Villas.  One student issued a State Ticket and referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Obscene/Harassing/Threatening Telephone Calls in Swamp Fox Hall.  Three students referred to Student Affairs.

02-01-12

A report of Simple Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Liquor under 21 in Palmetto Hall.  Two students jailed and referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Drug/Narcotic Violation in the Village Apartments.  One student jailed and referred to Student Affairs.

02-03-12

A report of Damage to Personal Property on The Cottage Road.  The victim reports their vehicle damaged while parked.

02-04-12

A report of Driving under Suspension on Francis Marion Road.  One non-student jailed.

02-05-12

A report of Weapon Law Violation on Alumni Drive.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Driving under Suspension on Highway 327 at Old Wallace Gregg Road.  One non-student issued a State Ticket.

02-06-12

A report of Open Container of Alcohol in a Vehicle on Alumni Drive and Patriot Drive.  One non-student issued a State Ticket.

A report of Damage to Personal Property in Parking Lot “F”.  The victim reports their vehicle damaged while parked.

02-07-12

A report of Obscene/Harassing Telephone Calls at the Ervin Dining Hall.  One student referred to Student Affairs.

Campus Police officers responded to six (06) requests for Medical Assistance during this period.

FOUND PROPERTY:  FMUPD currently has numerous items that were left unattended or found on campus.  If you are missing an item of property and can provide identifying information for your missing property, contact Lt. Ken Pittman at 843-661-1117.