Crime Report 1-09-13

We ask that anyone having information about any crimes committed on campus call 661-1109.  You don’t need to tell us who you are; just tell us what you know.  You can provide your information anonymously through our “Silent Witness” page at on the campus police web site (http://www.fmarion.edu/about/police ).  In the past, “Silent Witness” reports have provided leads on cases under investigation.  Thanks to those community members concerned with keeping FMU safe and secure.   Please be our eyes and ears out there….  We need you to help us to help you.

For the period 12-01-12 through 01-09-13 the following incidents were reported to and/or investigated by Campus Police:

12-01-12

A report of a Verbal Altercation at the University Center.  Two students referred to Student Affairs

12-03-12

A report of Trespassing at the Ervin Dining Hall.  A person previously trespassed from Campus was found at the Dining Hall.  One subject jailed.

A report of a Traffic Violation involving Misuse of a Beginners Permit on Alumni Drive.   One non-student issued a state citation and the vehicle was released to the owner.

A report of Possession of a Stolen Firearm and Fraudulent Temporary Permit off campus.  One non-student jailed for the firearm, one student referred to Student Affairs for the Fraudulent Permit.

12-04-12

A report of an Off Campus Liquor Law Violation at Patriots Place.  Six students referred to Student Affairs.

12-05-12

A report of Theft from a Building from Leatherman Science Facility.  A student left her i-phone unattended and the property was taken by persons(s) unknown.

12-06-12

A report of Assault – Intimidation in Snow Island Hall.  Two students became involved in a verbal altercation.  Two students referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Drug/Narcotic Violation in Snow Island Hall.  A non-student who was staying for several days with a student was found with drugs in his possession.  One non-student jailed and one student referred to Student Affairs.

A report of Theft from a Vehicle on Wallace Woods Road.  A student reported two textbooks were taken from their unlocked vehicle while it was parked.

12-10-12

A report of Alleged Suicidal Gestures in Snow Island Hall.  A student reported taking a number of pills.  The student was transported to the Hospital and referred to Student Affairs.

A report of an off campus incident of Public Drunkenness and Resisting Arrest on Second Loop Road.  Two students jailed by Florence PD and referred to Student Affairs.

01-07-13

A report of a Simple Assault, off campus.  A student reported being assaulted by another student while at home during the Holiday break.  Student referred to Student Affairs.

01-09-13

A report of Vandalism to a Motor Vehicle.  A student reported someone keyed her car while it was parking in Parking Lot “G”.

Campus Police officers responded to six (6) requests for Medical Assistance during this period.

FOUND PROPERTY:  FMUPD currently has numerous items that were left unattended or found on campus.  If you are missing an item of property and can provide identifying information for your missing property, contact Lt. Ken Pittman at 843-661-1117.